Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I got sick and had to go to the hospital.

On Sunday, I still felt really bad, so Mommy and Daddy took me to the ER. The doctor there took some x-rays of my chest, and decided that I maybe had pneumonia. So they started an IV, which I didn't like very much, and then the doctor decided that maybe I should spend the night in the hospital, which I didn't really like very much, either. After a couple of hours they moved me upstairs to my own room, which was some better, but I would have still rather been at home.
Mommy called my crib a cage, and it really did look like one, too. I learned a new word from one of the nurses - Mean! - and then every time a nurse or resp tech would come in the room, I would yell "Mean!" and try to hit her with my cast. They put a soft cast over the arm that had the IV in it so I couldn't pull it out, which didn't really seem fair to me. I'm pretty sure I could have taken it out if it hadn't been for the cast. Mommy and Daddy stayed with me the whole time I was there, so I didn't have a chance to be afraid, but I didn't get much sleep. Every time I fell asleep, a nurse would come in and wake me up. I finally got to go home late on Monday night, after the antibiotics and steroids had a chance to kick in. I was pretty happy to get to go home, and I don't plan to get sick again any time soon, because being in the hospital just plain SUCKS!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Poor Zackie! I'm so sorry for you and your Mommy and Daddy! It sounds like no one got much sleep! I'm glad you are feeling better!