Thursday, August 7, 2008

Old friends and new.

Today, Mommy and Daddy took me to the play area at the mall to "run myself into the ground," as Mommy puts it, and while we were there, we ran into some friends!

See, a long time ago, when Mommy was a little girl, she had a friend named Karen. Karen and Mommy did practically everything together. They rode bikes, and played in the creek, and talked on the phone, and went on vacation (lost Smurfs and all), and loved Bo Duke, and ate lots and lots of ice cream cones and olives and Grandma Mary's spaghetti...

Now that Mommy and Karen are older and have kids of their own, they don't have time to do all that fun stuff any more. Mommy says that being a grownup is a lot of work. But today, I had the best time playing with Chloe and Zane, who are Karen's kids!

This is Chloe. She is six years old, is very, very tall, has beautiful long blond hair, and is just about the prettiest girl I have ever seen! She helped me to remember to stay inside the play area, and she helped me climb up things that were too tall for me.


This is Zane. Zane is 10 years old, and he is from Vietnam, just like my Grandma Johnson! Today, he showed me how to jump really high and really far from one thing to the next. He's really strong and really fast!


I had a really great time today meeting some new friends, and Mommy loved to have a chance to catch up with her friend Karen and Karen's Mom Kathy. We have to get together again sometime really soon! I don't want Chloe and Zane to forget me!

No comments: