Friday, August 1, 2008

Learning to express myself.

"Toddlers sometimes get frustrated because they do not have the language skills to express themselves." - National Network for Childcare



Mommy used to believe that sometimes I might feel frustrated because I don't have enough words to verbalize how I feel. She helps me by reading to me, and teaching me lots of new words, and helping me to describe how I'm feeling. It's going well.


A few nights ago, Daddy suggested that it might be near bedtime. I wasn't ready for bed, so I used my words to tell him about it.


Here's what I said:


"Crap. You stupidhead. My no want to go to bedtime. I go sit over here on the couch and you yeave me ayone, ok?"


Mommy isn't worried about my ability to express myself anymore...



2 comments:

Natalie said...

And he looks so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Zackie, I think it's good to be able to express yourself. Keeping it all bottled up gives you ulcers :)

Love you,
Aunt Barbara